Wellington - New Zealand
Modica Group is a cloud-based enterprise messaging provider working with clients and partners around the globe. Our messaging platform connects to almost every mobile network globally, allowing our customers to reach any mobile device via secure API or hosted application.
Backed by further investment, we are now looking to implement our product strategy through user research, design and modernised refactoring, which is where YOU come into it! We are on the hunt for a Site Reliability Engineer to help bridge the gap between development and operations and to drive technology change across the business.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Engineering Delivery Lead, you’ll be part of an experienced SRE team who are responsible for:
- Implementing system improvements, building software, carrying out administration & load balancing of Linux servers & networks to maximise service availability
- Dealing with support escalations where required, automating internal systems & providing recommendations to improve processes
- Technical and pre-sales support for Modica customers and staff on Modica products and services, including attending customer meetings where required
- Keep up to date knowledge of security and privacy policies
- Build infrastructure components required to support existing and new services using Infrastructure as Code tools
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has strong AWS knowledge and skills
- Is interested, engaged and curious, proactively expands their knowledge and asks plenty of questions
- Has a growth mindset, is keen to continually experiment, learn and improve
- Has and shares opinions on the technical and product direction while being open-minded and listening to others’ ideas
- Enjoys working collaboratively within a team
Your tech-stack will look something like this:
- Technical delivery in a DevOps Engineering Environment preferably using Infrastructure-as-a-code (Terraform)
- Hands-on experience in administering large-scale SaaS applications in one of the major cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with Linux
- Configuration management using Puppet or Ansible
- 2+ years experience solving performance issues and optimisation including systems monitoring
- Fluent in writing code with experience coding in a popular coding language, like Golang (preferred)
- Solid diagnostics skills with the ability to troubleshoot
You might also have experience with the following (not required):
- Building and running containers using Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL Database administration, like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- CI/CD and DevOps Practices
- Building microservices
More about us
We work closely with Finance, IT, Government, Health and Education organisations and our messaging platform is used by some of the world’s biggest enterprise organisations and brands to deliver high volume, mission-critical messaging services. At Modica we are all working towards a common goal: helping our customers reach every handset and device globally.
About the benefits
We offer a supportive environment as it is important to us that you are happy and healthy. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer benefits that rival those of large corporations. To support you we offer some fantastic perks including health and life insurance, home internet contributions, regular team lunches, the ability to work from home and your birthday off.