Technical Support Engineer
If a great team environment, variety in your role and growth opportunities are on your wish list - you'll definitely want to look into this role!
Modica is a cloud-based enterprise messaging provider working with clients and partners around the globe to provide secure, high volume, enterprise messaging solutions. Our messaging platform connects to almost every Mobile Network globally allowing our customers to reach mobile handsets and devices via secure API or hosted applications. Modica’s messaging platform is used by some of the world’s biggest enterprise organisations and brands to deliver high volume, mission critical messaging services.
Through a unique combination of People, Process and Product, we are proud to have a growth culture; one founded on innovation, nimbleness, and a desire to be the best in every market we play in. As a well-established company, we’re proud to have made the Deloitte Fast 50, Asia Pacific 500 and TIN100 in recent years and have plans to continue on our strong growth trajectory and world-wide expansion in years to come.
About the opportunity:
This role will suit an ambitious, tech savvy, self-motivated team player who is looking for an entry level role with plenty of future scope within a world leading Enterprise Messaging provider. As Technical Support Engineer, you will support Modica's wide range of enterprise customers and partners through delivering quality, first level support of software applications, infrastructure and networks in a fast paced and efficient manner.
You will understand the challenges of working with tech disruption and be able to prioritise your workload in a nimble and communicative fashion that ensures all issues are resolved with pace and efficacy. While your role has a lot of variety and your support requirements may vary, day to day activities will include:
- Provide front-line assistance to help overcome issues within our agreed Service Level Objectives
- Logging tasks in appropriate ticketing queues and prioritising accordingly
- Accurate capture of information and requirements from users in case of further investigation or escalation
- Work with developers and engineers to enhance or streamline processes
- Communicating upcoming maintenance or other relevant events to the organisation
- Consistently look for process improvements and efficiencies that will enhance your delivery of service requests
- Incident management from discovery through to resolution and leading the blameless post-mortems to ensure outages are prevented from repeat occurrences
We are looking for someone motivated and enthusiastic with a “can do attitude”. You will love learning, have great rapport with people, be able to demonstrate your passion for technology and upskilling yourself, and be a real go-getter who excels at whatever you put your mind to. You will also be:
- Enthusiastic, flexible and customer centric
- Tech-savvy, inquisitive with strong problem-solving
- Self-motivated, dedicated and understand that timeliness and accuracy are critical in all actions and interactions
- Adept at prioritisation and multitasking
- Insanely organised and know that the devil is in the detail
- Excellent at both written and verbal communication
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
We’re proud to have a team of trustworthy and honest people. Our people have an opinion, challenge constructively and have each other’s backs. They are experts in their fields and hungry to contribute, living our values of pragmatism, change initiation, tough love, doing the right thing and playing nicely.
About the benefits
In joining Modica, you’ll become part of a highly engaged and focused team, driven by success and by delighting our customers. We work hard, celebrate success, have fun, but overall, we are all motivated by the common goal of being the best in the markets we play in.
We offer a supportive environment as it is important to us that you are happy and healthy. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer benefits that rival those of large corporations. To support you we offer some fantastic perks including health and life insurance, home internet contributions, regular team lunches, and your birthday off.
If you'd like to join us: Let us know why you will be a great addition to our team and the best person for this job and apply now, or alternatively email your application to email@example.com.